Below are National driver's license requirement policies:
- A valid driver's license along with a valid picture ID is required when picking up the rental;
- No learner permits or photocopies are accepted;
- Temporary driver's licenses are accepted only if valid during the rental period;
- If the driver's license has no photo, the description on the license must match that of the renter.
- An international Driver’s License is not required for renting a car with National on Curacao.
In order to qualify to rent a vehicle with National the following requirements must be met:
- A valid driver's license issued by the country, or state, in which you reside;
- Must be at least 23 years of age (when 23 and 24, driver is subject to an additional fee);
- Driver must have a valid Credit Card.
Typically, the minimal rental is for one (1) day. A day is considered 24 hours. Rentals lasting less than 24 hours will still be charged for one (1) day. During certain rental periods, a minimal rental period of 3 days may be required.
Unfortunately, National will not accept Debit Cards. A valid Credit Card is required upon rental pick-up.
Our rates are based on a 24-hour period, from the time of rental. If the car is returned later, late charges will apply. If a vehicle is returned later than 4 hours, an additional day will be charged.
We accept the following Credit Cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card and American Express.
An additional driver is a person, besides the renter, that is authorized to drive the rental car. The driver’s license and age requirements for the additional driver are the same for the renter. National charges an additional driver fee for every additional driver added to the agreement.
Family members of the renter that are added as additional driver are not exempt from the additional driver fee.
National works with many respected partners worldwide that offer pre-paid vouchers for rental. The name on the voucher should be the same name on the license, picture ID and Credit Card presented upon rental pick-up. Any person added as an additional driver, will be charged to the renter accordingly.
Yes, we will reserve the amount of the rental and an additional amount on your Credit Card for the rental period. The additional amount could be as much as $ 1,000.00 depending on coverages waived or accepted.